Wednesday, November 3, 2010

spark

Telling them you just don't feel the spark.......
 
How hard is it to actually have the common decency to tell someone that you just aren't that into them? The common trend of "ignore them and they will go away" is a really annoying one. You can give any reason under the sun (hell just saying the stars don't seem to be aligned correctly would even work.......and if anyone uses that one on me I will now know where they got it from). I personally find it very annoying to go out with someone once, twice, whatever and then all of a sudden they just start ignoring me and figure that if they ignore me then I will get the hint that they are not interested. I find it very annoying truthfully and get the point but also get a bit pissed off at the same time. Granted it is a great tool since it shows you that they are totally spineless and really, who likes that characteristic in a person but it is also immensely rude. Would they want the same kind of treatment back or is this setting a good example for their kids (well if their kids are old enough to date)? I guess that would be kind of funny though if their kids started using that tactic on them. Anytime their kid didn't like what they said just ignore them.
 
Now I have no problems with ignoring that person that after you have told them it is over does not get the clue but if someone sends a text/email/phone call or two and you just choose to ignore them instead of answering them back really quick that you just don't think it will work out is rather rude. Truth but told, I will always prefer a reason over just being ignored. If nothing else, it provides a nice bit of closure knowing why you weren't the one or even in the running and basically what is wrong with you that someone finds it so annoying that they just never want to talk to you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment