Monday, November 22, 2010

Be Yourself

Just want you to be yourself. I'm not sure but those words never seem to hold true. I think a more realistic version is be yourself with just these few 100 minor changes. I just cannot stand why people can't like someone for who they are and instead meet them and then just want to start changing everything. Why not find someone that meets the criteria that you want. All you are going to do with trying to make them change is make them miserable and make yourself miserable. And if you can't find someone that actually meets your criteria then maybe you need to look at your criteria again and see how unrealistic they could be.
 
I know that every woman goes out there looking for the guy who is ripped and cut and looks like they just walked off of a fashion shoot but guess what, those types of guys aren't interested in you. I know a lot of this goes back to the "I deserve better" mentality that gets thrust upon them once they are divorced/break up with their last husband/boyfriend. It is great to have that mentality when you first break up because yes you do deserve better then what you had before (obviously if you are no longer with them) but don't expect Mr. GQ to just come rushing out to save you. Learn to get past the exterior and see what is on the inside (yes, I know, very cliche). Which this of course leads me into a thought for the next entry........

No comments:

Post a Comment