Lying seems to be par for the course right now. Not quite sure when lying became the fashionable thing to do when dating but it is pretty prevalent. I can't exactly figure out what the point is but I guess it could have something to do with keeping their options open without letting anyone know that they are even considering options.
There are also the women who lie and don't tell you that they are actually with someone already (dating, engaged, married....whatever). I'm truly not sure which is worse since both are lying. That is the one that is really bothersome though but also a really big clue to jump ship and start swimming away as fast as possible. If she is going to do that to someone that she is currently with, there is no reason to believe that you will be any different if she does happen to actually leave them.
I have come to figure out that vague = lie. If someone is really vague with me when I ask them out or ask them what they are doing or ask them a question then I know they are lying. If they just completely avoid certain answers or only answer 1 of 10 things asked then something is being hidden there and it is usually that there is someone else in the picture.
The bad thing is every time you talk to someone new you want to give them the benefit of the doubt but you find it harder and harder to actually trust what they are saying.
I have known several couples that got together by cheating on their previous mates with each other. Everyone of those relationships have been plagued by distrust and suspicion and have ended. Hmmmm, I wonder why?
ReplyDelete