Wednesday, January 5, 2011

the little things

For me it is the little things that really matter. I have a tendency
to overlook them at the time but when I look back I can see how it was
the small things that are the most telling about someone and that I
really need someone in my life that does those small things.

The biggest thing with me is when she says "Thank You". It is such a
small thing and in truth so easy to remember but I guess also so easy
to overlook. I have no problems being chivalrous and paying for dinner
or paying for a date or holding a door open but a simple recognition
would be nice. I don't necessarily have to pay for the whole meal or
for both tickets for the movie or whatever. I could choose just to pay
my portion especially if a date seems to be going downhill quick but I
do. That is who I am. I respect the other person enough to actually go
out of my way to show them. It gets old after a while when you just
feel like you were paying for them to be entertained for the evening.
Like they just wanted to get out of the house and not pay for anything
and instead of heading out to a random bar and flirting with some guy
to pay for a few drinks they chose you to pay for the drinks and the
meal and whatever else and then you don't even get a simple thank you
in return. I'm not sure what exactly has happened to being polite.

I just think it is funny that women say they want someone who treats
them right and treats them with respect and like a lady and yet they
can't return that favor of respect. Granted I would much prefer you
not even agree to go out on a date if you already know heading in that
you have no interest but if we do happen to go out at least have a
little common courtesy to say thanks when I pick up the bill or open a
door for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment