Thursday, January 13, 2011

lying to my heart

I put a status on Facebook that said "Don't bother to find out what is
on the inside if you are never going to get past what is on the
outside...."

I know most people will not get what I mean or will probably assume I
am talking about myself like it is some mantra to keep me on the right
track and to keep from being a total ass but in truth it is the total
opposite. That status is not there for me but it is there for everyone
else in the world.

I am sick and tired of women who get to know who I am and really like
who I am and know everything about me but we have never met. They are
fawning all over me through emails or text messages or phone calls but
then when we actually meet it is the total opposite after that. It is
not like I am a social leper or anything but I think the hangup comes
from the fact that I tell people that I race. That I run marathons and
triathlons and they just automatically assume that I am going to be
some cut and ripped Adonis who all of their friends are going to be
jealous of. Now I'm not saying that I lie at all, I really do race and
I do respectable in my races but I am not some huge cover model
athlete or anything (truth be told, if that was the case, I wouldn't
be on dating websites, I could just walk into any bar and I'm sure I
could find someone interested in me.......there are a lot of
superficial women in this world). On the same note, I am not some fat
couch potato slob. In truth, it takes a lot to complete one race let
alone doing 10-15 in a year and some in back to back weeks or even
back to back days. I would really love to see any of these women who
judge me like that go out and complete just one race in a year. I
know.....petty and vindictive of me but truth be told, I'm tired of
it. I'm tired of really liking someone and thinking that they like me
only to be tossed to the curb as soon as they meet me because I don't
look like Lance Armstrong.

I judge someone's beauty on who they are and not what they look like.
Granted physical attraction does play a part in it but I can find all
of that out from the pictures of them that I see before I meet them.
Truth be told, if the physical attraction isn't there from what I see
of them in pictures then I won't be gushing all over them and acting
like I have just found the love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment